Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Swimming at a lake

The children and I went to visit a friend and her family who are camping at a nearby lake for the summer today. It was the perfect day for it as it was 95 degrees!! We needed to be near water today! Everyone had a GREAT time! There was a dock to jump from and both girls jumped many many times! Snow White was jumping by herself with her noodle by the end of our swimming time! I couldn't believe it...she had to go under water and everything. This was good practice for our vacation in a couple of weeks! Flower Picker was jumping to one are while Do-Do was in the other with her floaties on and loving every jump! We had to take a break now and then to let Do-Do get himself full of sand...although surprisingly enough he didn't eat any!! YAY

After swimming we went back to the camping trailer and the children played on the slip and slide while dinner was being cooked..hot dogs and hamburgers. We were planning to eat outside on the picnic table but it was right in the sun and even at 6pm it was still so hot that in less than 20 minutes and entire stick of butter melted into a puddle on the potato plate! Needless to say we took the picnic into the trailer and although it was crowded it worked!

All in all it was a really fun day had by all! I need to be better about bringing my camera along to capture the fun! It just never seems to enter my mind until we are at and event and I wish I had it!! I will be working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment