Monday, November 29, 2010

H is for Habitat

So it has taken a while to get this post up! We took this week off to celebrate Thanksgiving with family in town.

Our H week went pretty well although as usual we didn't get to everything I had planned! We read books (which I forgot to take a picture of this week sorry:( on different animal habitats including the desert, meadow, forest, rainforest, ocean, and the river/pond. We then colored pictures of animals from each place to stick up on our habitat poster seen below ( not all the animals are on yet...Snow White is a very meticulous color-er!)



To finish off our habitat study I have cards for matching the animal name to its home. Here is an example of one of the pages. I got them from taking an online montessori class with Karen Tyler. Her albums have been very useful although I have not been able to stick with a "pure" montessori environment in our home!



We were also busy making Thanksgiving decorations handprint turkeys for place settings on the table. This picture also shows our gourd basket that decorated our Thanksgiving table



and our local library had a turkey craft time where we made paper bag turkeys that are so cute!


Well I think that's all from H week! This week is I week and I is for Indians and Ice Cream! The plan is to make our own Ice Cream! I am also hoping to post some of our advent activities!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment