Saturday, June 26, 2010

At Home Fun

This morning we went to see a friends daughter get Baptized and went to the small reception that followed. At the reception the girls played with the other children who were there varying in ages from 2 -8 or so. I am always amazed to see how children who don't know each other can immediately become friends and act as if they have known each other their entire lives.
Adults on the other hand stick to their own group of familiar friends and rarely go out of their way to have a conversation with a new face let alone become friends with one! This strikes me at the playground and the library as well when we meet children who we may never see again and the girls have a fantastic time with them while the other mothers and I often seem to strain for polite conversation with each other while trying to pretend to be busy attending to children or reading something. I myself am as guilty as any of doing this while encouraging the girls to introduce themselves to strange children! Anyway I think I will try to be more outgoing to new faces on our outings in the future!
(After saying all this I will point out that there was not anyone at the party this morning that I did not know so I had no problem in this area today!)

Since we were out all morning I decided we needed an afternoon at home free of the pool or other away from home activities! So we pulled out the wikki stix and the girls and I made and ocean/beach scene on the side of the refrigerator! Complete with octopus and a clam with 3 pearls inside!!

We had not played with them in a long time so it seemed like a brand new toy. That's always fun! I was reading through the booklet that came with them and I need to remember them when I am planning lessons for Therese this fall. They can be used as manipulatives for math and can be really formed into any creation that we might be studying...including letters and phonograms! So thanks Grammy for the fun toy!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment