Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Felt Food

Our moms group recently got into making felt food. One of the moms pointed us in the direction of the blog Helping Little Hands. Polly has a tutorial for making every kind of food imaginable over there and I was inspired to do some for my children.

Now mind you we have about every food imaginable already for our kitchen set (consisting of a wooden stove which I built)and it almost never gets used! So my hope is by adding a few pieces that will fit into the small pots and pans that they have to play with maybe we can get some use out of it!!

So here are my creations so far:


Pancakes with syrup and butter, eggs, and cookies with frosting. If I had to do them over I think I would have stuffed the cookies with a little batting...they are a tad flat! But they will do!
My further plans include fajitas and tortellini....more items that can be made in a pan on the stove! We will see if they are a hit or not!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!! I didn't realize you had started a blog. So glad I clicked on your profile picture and found it! You are doing a great job of blogging so far. It also looks like you are doing a great job at being a wife/mommy/homeschooler. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job with these! Thanks for linking. I can't wait to see what other things you make.

    ReplyDelete